Friday, October 27, 2006

My Two Moms

I am blessed to have two moms. No, I am not adopted in the conventional sense of the word. However, I do have a biological mother and, in addition, a mother who has taken me into her life and her heart and loves me unconditionally. I speak of my dear mother-in-law, one of the most humble and selfless people I know. She has seen me at my worst as well as my best (the day I married Dwayne of course!), and I know she has prayed for me faithfully. I believe that when I married my husband fourteen years ago, I became her daughter. Just today she appeared at my door ready to lend a hand as I sat, yet again, wretched and aching, with another episode of back pain. She will undoubtedly be embarrassed to read my proclamations here (though she will be thankful that I'm not posting any photos!) but I want to share how very blessed I am. Thank you Jane! I love you! You are a wonderful woman and one of the bestest friends I have ever or ever hope to have in this life, and not only that, we get to live together in heaven for eternity!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Emily!

You are truly blessed! The love and comfort of two Mothers is a blessing doubled! May God continue to bless your mother-in-law as she continues to bless others with her love.

I'm sorry to hear that you are hurting again. Was it from chasing chickens across the road???

Please know that I pray for your recovery and strength to face each new day and each new challenge!

Let your LIGHT shine!

9:36 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Steven,
Thanks so much for your words and especially your prayers. It means a lot to me that others are lifting me up. Within each trial we endure the Lord showers us with blessings, enabling us to go on. He is the lifter of my head!

11:56 AM  
Blogger Marci said...

Oh Emily, I am sorry that your back is acting up again. I will be praying for you.

You are truly blessed. Thank you Jane for stepping in and helping out. May the Lord bless you mightily!!

11:26 PM  
Blogger Lynn Bartlett said...

What a wonderful tribute! I could say the same about my mother-n-law, but we are too many miles apart for her to be able to help out like that. We did wear her out one time when she came to help out after our third son was born! Add me to the list of friends praying for you. Take it easy.

7:30 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Marci,
Thanks so much for your prayers; I really need them! It's hard on the family when I'm not myself. I thank the Lord for Jane because she is one of the most cherished blessings in my life and in others as well.

Lynn,
Thank you also for praying for me. It's tough getting older! Takes longer to heal I think, but God is merciful and it could be worse. I can't imagine being so far away from either my mother-in-law or my mother. They both live within an hour from us.

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home