Thursday, January 14, 2010

A Prisoner Yet Free


A little bird I am,

Shut from the fields of air,

And in my cage I sit and sing

To Him who placed me there,

Well pleased a prisoner to be,

Because, my God, it pleases Thee.


My cage confines me round:

Abroad I cannot fly;

But, though my wing is closely bound,

My heart's at liberty.

My prison-walls cannot control

The flight, the freedom, of my soul!

~ Madame Guyon

Though the Lord has seen fit to afflict my body, in His good pleasure, my physical restrictions have not imposed similar disabilities upon my spirit.

In an upcoming post I will share how I am still able
to be a servant during this time of bodily imprisonment,
and how the Lord has ministered to me.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Lynn said...

Emily, I love the poem and the pictures today. Very encouraging indeed, and a reminder to be content.

Hugs,
Lynn

1:35 PM  
Blogger Annesphamily said...

I love the poem.

11:32 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Thank you, Lynn. Contentment: that is my aim, and where the Lord wants me.

Thank you for your visit, Anne (with an "e")! ~smile~

9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a wonderful poem and how wonderful that you are albe to relate! I look forward to hearing more of how the Lord is working in your life! Blessings to you.

4:45 PM  
Anonymous Judy said...

As your sister Christine would say"you Go Girl!" Me mummy used to have that last picture hanging in our den,hmm. Wonder where it went?Book-lovers unite!(or just snuggle up together with a good or... Thee Good Book .)

Luv,
Judy

2:49 PM  
Blogger Islandsparrow said...

I love singing this song - I found a link where someone put it to a new tune.

http://www.hymnal.net/hymn.php/nt/724

Hope you enjoy!

xo
Kathie

7:16 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

Kathie,
Thank you so much for the link. I had no idea it was a hymn!

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home