Sunday, February 14, 2010

I Am Loved

My heart has been lifted countless times, like discovering flowers in unexpected places, as God shows his love for me through the kind and often sacrificial deeds of others.

A friend comes to spend the afternoon, bringing her children to romp in the snow, carving time out of her busy schedule to share a cup of tea, to lighten my burdens and those she bears through heartfelt conversation and laughter.


A daughter's face, wreathed in smiles and trembling with giggles, as she presents a handmade Valentine bookmark she insists on giving three days early.


An offering of orchids that causes a gasp of delight, their delicate beauty accentuated by the calloused, hardworking hands that cradle them.


Bright mittens, knit with love by a mother's time-worn, freckled hands, fashioned stitch by stitch to warm this daughter's hands and cheer her heart on cold winter walks.


"Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth."
1 John 3:18

3 Comments:

Blogger Marci said...

I love your posts, Emily. Thanks for sharing and I am glad you feel loved. :)

11:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are all precious gifts! Thank you for sharing a peek into your days.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Marci,
Thank you! I am truly blessed by the people who care for me.

Silvana,
Yes, they are precious because they were given from the depths of the heart, and I am so grateful.

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home