Sunday, March 26, 2006

Lamentations

Woe is me! I had an un-lovely day yesterday wallowing in the mire of my own despair. My back was sore and I was feeling sorry for myself as I watched Dwayne and Anna-Rose having a good old time outdoors in the fresh air, working in the yard, making a compost bin, raking leaves. I have waiting so long for spring and now it's coming and I'm feeling old and achey and if I move just the wrong way I'll be laid up again. Oh woe is me........

Yet I am always with you;
you hold me by my right hand.
You guide me with your counsel,
and afterward you will take me into glory.
Whom have I in heaven but you?
And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever.

The Lord never promised to shelter me from pain. He never promised that the road would be free of obstacles, or that I would effortlessly scale the mountain top to which I aspire. The road is long, dusty, and filled with pitfalls; the mountain is high, the peak is foggy at times, and my feet stumble on the stones that tumble relentlessly into my path. But He has promised to pull me out of the miry clay and set my feet on high places. Yes I hurt....both physically and emotionally....but what victory have I but in Him? The strength of my heart and my portion forever.

4 Comments:

Blogger Diane Viere said...

Way to go! Your post has strengthened my faith.....keep looking up!

Diane

8:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Emily!

Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you that you body and emotions may cast off these dark clouds so that you can soon partake in the joys and labors of spring!!!

Still snowcovered here in the hills but most of our snow should disappear this week. Canadian geese ares just a few miles south of us.

Yes, all the plants that I mentioned in my blog should do well in New Hampshire as they are all hardy for zone 3. So then the next things to consider are environmental like too wet/dry, your probable acid soils, potential insects & disease in your area different than here---always best to ask the advice of old-timer locals as to what works best for your area.

Best wishes---hope to start working on editing our March CLS video this week. I got a DVD burner today. Would you rather have the videos in VHS or DVD?

10:13 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Thank you all for your encouragement - I really need it!

3:17 PM  
Blogger Diane Viere said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. AND thanks again for blessing me! I have posted a reply on my site...to you--I'm excited to meet another mom...who has survived the journey--so well!

Diane

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home