Sunday, March 11, 2007

Aaaaargh!

Gasp!! What did I do now?!!!

I've never pretended to be computer literate.....I'm still in the "just tell me which buttons to push and I'll be all set" stage. When that fails, or Calvin tiptoes across my keyboard downloading gambling programs or burn your cellulite now ads, I call on my resident techie, Isaac. One caveat, however, is that despite his expertise, he has never learned a computer language. Is there such a thing as Sing, Spell, Read and Click? Alphatronics? Hooked on HTML?
Perhaps you've noticed that my sidebar has decided to cozy up in an intimate manner with the content of my posts. All I did was to simply go into my template to remove the code for a blog party invitation button, but neglected to preview my edited post before publishing. Big whoopsie. When will I learn to leave well enough alone? Whoever heard of being humbled by a computer? Harumphhh.
Anyway, I've already gone back and tried to fix the HTML but, not knowing the language, it's like asking for a drink of water in a foreign country and being directed to the toilet. ~sigh~
Can someone please help?.........Anyone?........grovel.....whine.....beg........

4 Comments:

Blogger Lynn Bartlett said...

I sure understand your frustrations, since I am basically computer illiterate! Any problems and I ask my boys; if they can't figure it out, I ask my husband! That is why my blog hasn't changed since the first time I started writing.

9:06 PM  
Blogger Lynn Bartlett said...

PS -- did you get the email I sent you last week regarding the convention?

9:07 PM  
Blogger The Bradshaws said...

Hey Emily,
Look for the following in your template:

!-- Begin #sidebar --

Then add the following just after that:

%div id="sidebar"$

except replace the "%" with "<" and the "$" with ">". (Sorry, can't include the HTML in the comments section).

That oughta get you going again.

~Keith

10:56 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

Lynn,
What would we do without our guys? I thought I was so smart putting that little button on there. Guess that'll teach me! :) Yes, I did get your email, set aside to write back to you, then it got lost in my stack of stuff. I'll get back to you later.

Keith,
Thank you for taking pity on me! I'm going to try this out now. I'll let you know if it works.

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home