Saturday, January 13, 2007

Happy Anniversary!

I just realized that I have been blogging steadily for exactly one year today! In honor of this happy day, I'm posting a poem of which I am quite fond, penned by one my favorite poets, a fellow New Englander not unfamiliar with the agrarian life: Robert Frost.
The Road Not Taken
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth.
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two road diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
It has been a delight for me to meet so many people online. If you have visited my blog but have never left a comment, I would be blessed to know you have been here!

9 Comments:

Blogger TNfarmgirl said...

Emily,
It also happens to be one of my favorite poems - isn't it lovely! Happy Anniversary!
Blessings,
Cheri

10:28 AM  
Blogger Lynn Bartlett said...

Happy Anniversary to you, Emily! It has been such a blessing to get to know you through your blog writing and your comments. You are very insightful. We appreciate you!

8:08 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Cheri,
Thank you so much! I love poetry and hope to include more of it in future posts. It has been a joy for me to make so many friends who bless my life and teach me so much. Here's to another year! :)

Lynn,
Thank you for your kind words! It has been such a treat for me sharing back and forth with your family. The only regret I have is living so far away from all of you! I'm looking forward to what the coming year may bring in all of our lives.

8:50 PM  
Blogger Missouri Rev said...

Emily, Happy anniversary. I don't get out of the pasture long enough to appreciate the blogs of fellow agrarians. Thanks for the poem.

8:40 PM  
Blogger Marci said...

Emily, Happy Anniversary!!! I love reading your posts and your comments on other's blogs. I am still praying for you!!

7:29 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Pastor McConnell,
Thank you for straying out of the pasture long enough to stop by and comment. Glad you enjoyed the poem. I'll be by your way soon for some mule updates! :)

Marci,
It's been a blessing getting to know you on your blog and having you drop in to leave me a note here. Thank you again for your faithful prayers; it means so much to me.

11:16 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Emily, I visit sporadically but always enjoy your posts. Your sense of humor is just the best. That's one of my favorite poems, too. Happy blogiversary!

4:26 PM  
Blogger Randall Gerard said...

Happy anniversary Emily, and hopefully you will have many more.

9:32 AM  
Blogger Karuna said...

Hi,
I have been here before, a long time ago.Just happened to come around at the right time I guess.
Happy blogging anniversary and may you have many more chances through blogging to be a blessing.

God Bless

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home